cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought 16 AP650's from eBay - onboarding issue

Bought 16 AP650's from eBay - onboarding issue

systemscsn
Valued Contributor
We just bought 16 AP650's (AH-AP-650-AX-FCC Wifi 6 Indoor Plenum AP650 Dual 5GHz
Radio 4x4:4 802.11ac/ax) from ebay because our vendor cant get what we ordered from their distributor, and we need them yesterday kind of deal.  For back story, we have 162 licenses, with 160 active devices (2 are in storage and used for special events).  I went to on-board one of the ebay AP's, but got an error message stating:

7ac310f52679464ca6cb4a70f5ac5267.png
"License limit exceeded for managed devices" and thats it, doesn't add anything.

Is this just a case that i need to buy 16 licenses, or is something else going on?   i ask this, as in the past i had 2 more devices than licenses and was getting only a warning, it didnt put them offline or anything.

BTW: i have the serials for all those 16 from ebay (hence trying to on-board them), but the physical devices wont be here for a little while yet, so im just trying to head off any issues before they happen.

thanks,
Jason.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Jason,

Please open a GTAC ticket so that the licensing team may look into the licensing issue. It looks like you don't have enough licenses and onboarding in such a case will fail until you add new licenses. If you think that there is a discrepancy between the number of licenses used versus the ones that should be available, the licensing team can help clarify this. 

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

systemscsn
Valued Contributor
Got a temp license and was able to on-board all of them.  End of last week we got the licenses we purchased.

Thanks,
J

systemscsn
Valued Contributor
Thanks Christopher,  thats exactly what i was thinking.  I think if i made those 2 offline AP's unmanaged i bet i could add two of the new AP's to it.  We sent out an email just a bit ago to our rep to get us more licenses.  Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.  I just wasnt sure if that is the normal message id get, and you confirmed it is (when there are not enough licenses).

have a happy day,
J

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Jason,

Please open a GTAC ticket so that the licensing team may look into the licensing issue. It looks like you don't have enough licenses and onboarding in such a case will fail until you add new licenses. If you think that there is a discrepancy between the number of licenses used versus the ones that should be available, the licensing team can help clarify this. 

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN