Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update AP120 on extreme cloud IQ

Cannot update AP120 on extreme cloud IQ

boombasstic
New Contributor

Hi,

i’m having the same issue that on this post

I just cannot update to the latest image my AP120.

I have about 80 AP 120 i would like to connect to cloud IQ, but i have an error message qwhen trying to update to the latest image.

I read on the post above that there is a way to make it work.

If someone could help, i’d appreciate it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, sorry about the delay here. I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to find the firmware versions you’ll need. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

SamPirok
Community Manager

So glad to hear you were able to get the AP updated!

Just to answer your question in case someone else finds this thread later with the same question, for IQE devices on firmware versions 6.2r1 or newer, there is no stepwise upgrade needed, you can jump to any newer version directly. If devices are on firmware older than 6.1r6, we need to go to 6.1r6 first, then 6.2r1 directly after that. That is the only required stepwise upgrade for most IQE models. 

We also need IQE devices to be using 6.5r3 or later to use them with ExtremCloud IQ. 

Hope that helps!

boombasstic
New Contributor

so i tried with 6.5r3a with GUI and it worked.

Thanks Sam Pirok.

boombasstic
New Contributor

i did not try yet to update it with the firmware that you sent me, because i had it already, and everytime i tried to update the AP it bricked them.

Wouldnt i need an other firmware to update from my “old” 6.2r1c version to the 6.5r3a?

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi there, sorry about the delay here. I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to find the firmware versions you’ll need. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

boombasstic
New Contributor

som additional, my AP120 are running image 6.2r1c

i tried uploading with TFTP 6.5r3 and 6.5r4

update never go through, and then the AP is unresponsive. i think i bricked 5 or 6 of them trying different things f0f4b6c68f6d46b0ab218a8d48f7f268_1f605.png

i probably need image files betweek 2r1c and the 6.5 im trying to update to, but they are not on the download page.

GTM-P2G8KFN