Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update AP120 on extreme cloud IQ

Cannot update AP120 on extreme cloud IQ

boombasstic
New Contributor

Hi,

i’m having the same issue that on this post

I just cannot update to the latest image my AP120.

I have about 80 AP 120 i would like to connect to cloud IQ, but i have an error message qwhen trying to update to the latest image.

I read on the post above that there is a way to make it work.

If someone could help, i’d appreciate it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, sorry about the delay here. I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to find the firmware versions you’ll need. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi @BillyJZeramin, thanks for reaching out. I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the files you need, and a guide that reviews how to update the AP’s firmware via the Web UI. Please let me know if I can help with anything else! 

BillyJZeramin
New Contributor

I too have two AP 120’s stuck on 5.1r5 and CloudIQ cannot update them. I’d really appreciate the firmware files to upgrade manually too as I can’t find them anywhere. Trying here first rather than starting a new thread. Thanks!

SamPirok
Community Manager

Are these all AP 120’s? If you’re using different models, we’d need to use different firmware files. If they are all AP 120’s, I’d recommend resetting them to factory defaults and then trying again. If that doesn’t help, you may need to RMA these APs. 

boombasstic
New Contributor

So, i could update few AP120, but some other who are running the same firmware 6.2r1c cannot be updated.

with the GUI i get the following message “The HiveOS image is incorrect. Make sure that the image you are attempting to load is appropriate for the HiveAP platform and the difference with the image saved in HiveAP.”

if i update with the CLI, it just bricks the AP:

AH-6a9780#save image  tftp://192.168.1.144:/AP120-6.5r3a.img.S
Do you really want to update image?(Y/N)Y
mode set to octet
Connected to 192.168.1.144 (192.168.1.144), port 69
getting from 192.168.1.144:/AP120-6.5r3a.img.S [octet]
Received bytes: 20114 KB
Received 20596848 bytes in 26.6 seconds [6193003 bit/s]
Image /tmp/aeros.img digital signature check: OK!
Programming bootloader ...
Erasing blocks: 2/4 (50%)

it hangs at Erasing blocks, and renders the AP useless.

GTM-P2G8KFN