cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a 'live' XIQ instance to a 'test' XIQ instance

Copying a 'live' XIQ instance to a 'test' XIQ instance

steven_rous
New Contributor
Hi.  I want to effectively create a backup and clone of our 'live' XIQ instance on a test XIQ instance.   I previously successfully managed to do this back in February of this year and Extreme GTAC also managed to import a DB into one of their test XIQ instances recently.
However this has one undesired consequence - PPSK users receive a duplicate notification of their PPSK credentials.
Note I don't believe this happened back in February but I believe it happened recently when Extreme did this on our behalf.
Ultimately I'd like to be able to disable the Emails or SMS messages from being sent but I'm not sure there is a way to do this.
Previously I believe notifications were only sent AFTER I made changes to the SSID names on the "Test" XIQ instance.
However I believe something has changed since February and Emails are now being sent immediately after an import to another XIQ system?
It might be that this occurred because the RDC and GDC used on their instance were different to ours which by the way are the same on both our Test and Live instances?   Unfortunately despite asking why this occurred I've not really had a meaningful answer.   I appreciate what I'm trying to do here is not probably not what the import/export function was designed for but nevertheless it does what I want it to except it seems sending out notifications to all users.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi. This would be expected and there is no way to prevent it. It would be recommended to rebuild the configurations in a new test VIQ rather than import them.

-Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi. This would be expected and there is no way to prevent it. It would be recommended to rebuild the configurations in a new test VIQ rather than import them.

-Nick

Thanks Nick.  You are confirming what I have been told by others in Extreme Networks although I do find it a little strange that this behaviour was not observed previously back in February Heh Hoh.  I can therefore only assume this wasn't working as expected back in February and/or that a recent update to XIQ has changed this!   I am however hoping that a feature can be added that will allow updates to be temporarily disabled as I really don't want to build an entire XIQ system from scratch to simply replicate what we have already and has taken a long time to build.   Also replicating this manually would likely lead to errors due to possible typos user input etc.   Exporting/Importing should in theory eliminate this and should in theory be the best way of re-creating what we have in the 'live' environment but in a controlled test environment.
GTM-P2G8KFN