Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

effects of pre-provision status on AP

effects of pre-provision status on AP

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

update docs specify the following -

Pre-provisioned Device State: Some customers pre-provision a network device and ship it to the operational site. When on-boarded, the existing ExtremeCloud IQ status indicates Active Alarms, which is misleading. The latest release indicates the status as Pre-provisioned.

What exactly does this do?

Does putting an AP in “pre-provisioned” state make ECIQ ignore alarms?

If the AP comes online after being pre-provisioned, does it still update firmware, apply the network policy settings, and broadcast SSID etc?

While I like the idea of this feature, it’s also a bit awkward, as if the device comes online, the cloud icon remains purple (as opposed to green for online). Am I missing anything as to the use of this feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks again for your patience, I was able to confirm that the APs will get a configuration update pushed to them when they connect to XIQ even if they are in a pre-provisioned state. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thanks again for your patience, I was able to confirm that the APs will get a configuration update pushed to them when they connect to XIQ even if they are in a pre-provisioned state. 

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi John, sorry for the long wait here. I was able to confirm that placing a device in a pre-provisioned state is similar to placing a device in a maintenance window, which would cause any alarms from that AP to be ignored. I’m still waiting to hear back on whether or not an AP in a pre-provisioned state would get a configuration update pushed to it as soon as it connects to XIQ, I’ll let you know as soon as I find out more on that point. 

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Curious if you were able to find any additional details?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
GTM-P2G8KFN