Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETH0 vlan config on AP150W AP-Template

ETH0 vlan config on AP150W AP-Template

remon_braamse
New Contributor

Hi,

For an AP150W access point I am trying to change the port settings for the ETH0 interface in the AP-Templates, but this setting is greyed out.

I would like to set the native VLAN from the Uplink-Port (ETH0) to VLAN40 instead of the default VLAN1.

I am using the ExtremeCloudIQ Pilot in the cloud.

f089ef51723f4eaa8b825882ea612b80_91c09bf7-bf8c-4126-8fbc-d967348df69b.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying, it doesn’t look like you can change that VLAN in the templates, I just tried in my lab as well. I’d recommend submitting a feature request to get that fixed in a future release so you can apply that change in bulk. 

Another way to change a native VLAN in bulk would be to set it in the Additional Settings of the Network policy that the APs will be using. If you open the network policy> Go to Additonal Settings> Management & Native VLAN on the left hand side menu under the Policy Settings header, there you can change the Native VLAN for all devices with this network policy applied to them. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager

You would want to reach out to your Extreme Networks sales engineer to submit a feature request. If you’re unsure who that would be, I can email their contact information to you directly, just let me know. 

remon_braamse
New Contributor

Thanks for testing and for your answer.
The change of native VLAN in the additional settings works for now.

Can you tell me where I can submit an feature request?

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying, it doesn’t look like you can change that VLAN in the templates, I just tried in my lab as well. I’d recommend submitting a feature request to get that fixed in a future release so you can apply that change in bulk. 

Another way to change a native VLAN in bulk would be to set it in the Additional Settings of the Network policy that the APs will be using. If you open the network policy> Go to Additonal Settings> Management & Native VLAN on the left hand side menu under the Policy Settings header, there you can change the Native VLAN for all devices with this network policy applied to them. 

remon_braamse
New Contributor

When I go to the device specific settings like you described I can change the Native VLAN. But this is per AP. I got 200 AP's where I want to change the native VLAN.

I tried to change it in the AP-Template (Configure > Common Objects > Policy > AP Template > Create new AP150W template) so i can attach this template to an Network policy and all 200 AP's will get the same settings.

GTM-P2G8KFN