Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeCloud IQ Connect AP305C only 54MBit with POE (af) after Update

ExtremeCloud IQ Connect AP305C only 54MBit with POE (af) after Update

Philip_Lo
New Contributor

Hi,

2 days before everything runs normal with my AP305C in ExtremeCloud IQ Connect. Configured with wpa2-personal/key. One Smartphone wanted to connect with 802.1x so i make an update. After that the smartphone works but WLAN only 54MBit and get the alarm, that for ax-Accesspoints i need poe+. But AP305C does no POE+ and is as ExtremeNetworks describes fully functional with POE (16watt).

Can i configure not to test the poe+ or change a profile to get it working?

best regards

Philip

3 REPLIES 3

mlisboabr
New Contributor II

similar problem here...

ap305c datasheet: Power Draw: Typical: 9.98W, Max: 11.28W (w/o USB) Typical: 14.98W, Max: 16.28W (w/ USB). the power information makes it clear that it would be 802.3af....

also, in the datasheet itself, the recommended midspan is 802.3af, but the copilot keeps beeping saying he's not getting enough power and it should be 802.3at. I do not know what to do 

Philip_Lo
New Contributor

message is:

802.11ax-APs require POE +

Hello @Philip_Lo,

802.3at is recommended but this AP should work with 802.3af power. If using the default profile I would recommend you create a new one, enable DFS channels and enable OFDMA in both directions. This should help. Depending on where the AP is being deployed you can try using the 40MHz channel width versus 20. 

BR,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN