cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware for Aerohive switch

Firmware for Aerohive switch

sllim1267
New Contributor

I have an Aerohive 2208P that is on firmware 1.0.1.19. I feel like I have scoured the internet trying to get this device to be updated to the newer firmware, but there are no downloads available. Does anyone know how I would be able to go and download the updated firmware?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

sllim1267
New Contributor

I copied the files over to my Synology NAS, and needed to enable tftp server in the settings. Once I did that, I was able to copy the commands from the guide and input them on the switch. I was connected via console cable, but I also had a network cable plugged into it (to access the internet and the tftp server) 

Once the commands were entered, I followed the command to start Hivemanager, and it started right up with the newer firmware (see picture) after a few minutes, it showed up on my ExtremeCloud IQ Connect page.

I don't know why this was so difficult to do, so I hope that my documentation helps others who are also struggling to get this figured out. This whole process took me almost 8 hours over 3 days to figure out, test, purchase (a console cable), and eventually resolve.

a word of advice to those who manage this forum, try to do a search for anything with *.aerohive.com and try updating the links. about half the pages I searched for went to dead pages.

sllim1267
New Contributor

Ok, so I was able to find the downloads location on the portal. I searched for 'hive agent" and it had two results (at the time of writing) 

One was for IQAgent 1.1.31 and the other was for IQAgent 1.1.30. Both of those are for the SR2200 and SR2300 Switches. 

Below is the page with the download link for the IQAgent 1.1.31. 

Once I downloaded the file, I extracted it and followed the directions on manually uploading the hive manager using a tftp server as detailed here: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000079413&q=hiveagent

I'm doing that now, I'll report back once complete

https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrDownloadDetail?id=a412T0000001OOPQA2

sllim1267
New Contributor

Based on my research, I need the Hiveagent 1.1.29.0 files to update the SSL certificate. How can I access the Hiveagent firmware downloads?

sllim1267
New Contributor

There was a backup firmware on the Switch, which I was able to boot into. So now it's running Firmware version 1.0.1.26. This is good, but I am still having issues getting this switch seen in my XIQ profile. Thanks!

GTM-P2G8KFN