cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme IQ Connect Registrations no longer free?

Extreme IQ Connect Registrations no longer free?

star1167
New Contributor

When registering for an Extreme IQ Connect account, it appears my only option is a 90-day trial of Extreme IQ Pilot. In the past it had a radio button to start on the bottom tier, which was basic configuration for up to 10 devices. Has this changed? Is there a way to get a free account for doing things with extreme AP's that isn't a 90-day trial.

If the 90-day trial is now the method, after 90 days does it convert to a free connect account? When reading this, I am thinking yes Q A: ExtremeCloud IQ Connect license model changes | Extreme Portal (site.com) but also, I wonder if that only applies to those accounts that started on Connect to begin with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

if you keep your account within the outlined limitations it will automatically transition to connect (freemium). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

if you keep your account within the outlined limitations it will automatically transition to connect (freemium). 

Perfect, that is the answer I was looking for. Thank you @RobertZ 

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

Please see the KB i hope it helps clear some questions

What are the main limitations of XIQ Connect (freemium tier)?

Thanks @RobertZ that helps show that a Freemium tier exists with its limits. However, when registering for a new account I didn't get prompted to do, "I'll start with ExtremeCloud IQ Connect" like Step 2 on this site ExtremeCloud IQ Connect for Free | Cloud Management Login | Netagen

When signing up for a new account it automatically shows "90-day trial" and doesn't give an option for the freemium tier. I guess the workflow for new registrations has changed from that site I linked above. I wonder then, after the 90-day trial of Pilot does it just revert to the freemium tier? It seemed like in the past, if you opted for a 30-day trial of pilot you could never get back to connect (freemium) without creating a new account and manually specifying "you'd stay on connect" and avoid the trial. That whole workflow is missing when I registered for an account. So, I am curious, how does one get to the freemium tier in the present day?

GTM-P2G8KFN