cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest essentials onboarding workflow

Guest essentials onboarding workflow

sfolk
New Contributor III

I am trying to setup guest wifi  onboarding with Guest Essentials. After 5 days and many choice words I am at a loss as to how this should be configured (the instructions really aren’t helpful)

I have it sorta working but the flow I want isn’t happening seems my onboarding policy and splash template aren’t working together.

I simply want a guest user to connect to SSID, register with their name and email address and have a OTP sent, then I want them to have temporary access to go to their email on that same device and get the username and  passcode and then use that to login for guest access.

Any help appreciated

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

KevinP1
Contributor II
I've been having significant difficulties getting GuestEssentials to work properly as well. I'm working with GTAC on my issue and the response time has been very slow. We did find out that there's a bug using SSID's that include spaces or wild cards. I was getting the old AeroHive welcome page and it wouldn't change no matter what I did until we found this issue (which isn't in any documentation). Now I have a static generic updated splash template that won't update, no matter what I do. I've put in hours trying to get this to work.

MikeG_
New Contributor
This is using Guest Essentials.

I've been able to create a functionnal Wireless connection with LinkedIn and Facebook without an issue after adding all the IP/DNS in the "Wall Garden" settings.  If you go to Wall Garden and click on Advanced, you'll see the whitelisting for Facebook/Google/LinkedIn.  PS:  Google doesn't work and a message indicates the login mecanism is not approved anymore (something along those lines).

Bug #1:
I cannot get the SMS/Email Domain Validation working unless I use 1 specific domain (ex:  mycompany.org).  All Other email domain (gmail/hotmail) or SMS entry gives me a "Not matching onboarding policy".  Precedence ruling is documented differently in the their essentials guide.  Not sure which one is prioritized.

Bug #2:
I can't find any logs to figure out what is going wrong with onboarding Email/SMS

Temporary:
I've been trying for many and I would say too many hours and I'm out of luck.  Might forget the idea of using Guest Essentials until these bugs are resolved.

My ticket with GTAC is also not going anywhere since September 29th.  I've added an Extreme Network fellow to my console but haven't heard anything back.

​​

sfolk
New Contributor III

Hi @Ovais Qayyum  I see you have commented on other threads regarding Guest Essentials wondering if you can help me. I have seen two other people in the community wanting to do this exact workflow but not able to configure it and my ticket with GTAC is going nowhere.

Regards

Steve

MikeG_
New Contributor

Hi, 

Unfortunately, we’re in the same boat.  I’ve haven’t been able to onboard any users thought SMS or even via Email correctly.  My scenario is exactly like yours.  I’ve opened a ticket with support to see how they can help me out.  I’ll post something back if I finally find a way to make this work.

Thanks ! 🙂

GTM-P2G8KFN