cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable SNMP on AP305C IQ Engine ?

How to enable SNMP on AP305C IQ Engine ?

MikeM1
New Contributor

Hi there, I am trying to enable SNMP on AP305C IPaddress: 10.1.15.158.

I am following the next manual.

How To: How to configure SNMP on ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ) | Extreme Portal

But after passing all these steps SNMPwalk returns a timeout.

~$ snmpwalk -v 3 -On -u username -l authPriv -a MD5 -A 'password' -x DES -X 'password' -m ALL 10.1.15.158 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916
~$ snmpwalk: Timeout

Could you please advise how to make it work as expected?

22 REPLIES 22

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
Your options would be:
  1. to match the management and native VLANs in the additional settings of the network policy and the native VLAN in your port type to match the true VLANs on the switch, or
  2. leave the VLANs set as they are in the network policy and match the native on the port type to them.

Currently, your management and native are set to the same value, which makes that VLAN an untagged VLAN leaving the AP. The traffic then gets tagged with the native/untagged VLAN on the switch port. For example, if you leave it at the default of 1 and 1 for management and native, but the native on the switch port is 5, it will flow through your network as VLAN 5 while the AP would report it as VLAN 1.

RomanG
New Contributor
Thank you for looking, yes, the ports on the switch are configured, what should I do next to force the config? - is it just assigning a location or anything else?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roman, thanks for adding me to your XIQ instance. I reviewed your setup with Nick and the configuration looks good. We see that the SNMP configuration is reflected in the delta audit on the AP, which just means it's waiting to be pushed out. We did notice that the native VLAN in your SNMP set up is different than the native VLAN currently in use. It's possible that when you are trying to push the SNMP configuration out to your AP, it's attempting to switch to the new Native VLAN but isn't able to pass traffic on that VLAN, which would cause it to lose connectivity with the network and revert the configuration change back to what it was before the latest update push. If you could confirm that the switch ports are all configured to support the new Native VLAN, that would help.

Also, the SNMP location will be picked up from the location you assign to the AP. You can assign the AP location in the ML Insights> Network 360 Monitor page.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need any assistance checking your ports for the new native VLAN.

RomanG
New Contributor
Done, added spirok@extremenetworks.com as an admin - apologies in advance if I did something stupid and that is why it's not working!

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
Please add my colleague Sam as an external admin with the Administrator role and update this thread when it is done. The email you would add is spirok@extremenetworks.com.
GTM-P2G8KFN