cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable SNMP on AP305C IQ Engine ?

How to enable SNMP on AP305C IQ Engine ?

MikeM1
New Contributor

Hi there, I am trying to enable SNMP on AP305C IPaddress: 10.1.15.158.

I am following the next manual.

How To: How to configure SNMP on ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ) | Extreme Portal

But after passing all these steps SNMPwalk returns a timeout.

~$ snmpwalk -v 3 -On -u username -l authPriv -a MD5 -A 'password' -x DES -X 'password' -m ALL 10.1.15.158 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916
~$ snmpwalk: Timeout

Could you please advise how to make it work as expected?

22 REPLIES 22

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
If you push out a change and you do not think it worked, you can use the configuration audit.
pCKeXT7TXagznpmVXB4I_firefox_K8MU7Ntsax.pngFrom here, you would look at the Delta tab.
Rq0JF1zjTX66PBvmihxt_firefox_PjbgIqTU30.pngThis will show you what commands XIQ would still want to push to the AP with a delta. Also, if you push a config and the AP loses communication for roughly 10 minutes then reconnects to XIQ, it likely rolled back. When you push a complete config, once the AP reboots a 10 minute timer starts. If it does not reach XIQ within 10 minutes of booting, it will rollback to the previous configuration. This is a failsafe to avoid isolating APs to where only use of a console cable would allow you to access them.

RomanG
New Contributor
I think I get it, I changed the port native VLAN to WLAN-MGMT and SNMP started working immediately! - Woo!! - Thank you so much for your help, we have been trying to figure this out for weeks!

Just out of interest, how did you troubleshoot this to be the issue? - is there something we can do in the future to troubleshoot this to avoid bothering you?

Nick_Moore
Extreme Employee
You would need to assign the AP to that location and push the configuration. Then the AP should show on the floor plan you assigned it to.

RomanG
New Contributor

Also, when I go to Network 360 Monitor, I don't see any devices, I created a new location "Test":

afeLvUu5Rpyp1oTE6LJu_Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 00.18.23.png
GTM-P2G8KFN