cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you're looking at a specific AP, if you make a new RADIO profile and select that profile -- it is only applying that to the AP correct?

If you're looking at a specific AP, if you make a new RADIO profile and select that profile -- it is only applying that to the AP correct?

ChristianH
New Contributor

Hello!

I'm new to this platform and we are trying to test if a specific channel works with one of our devices. We decided to use an isolated room that isn't in use and change the radio settings on that room's AP. I selected the AP and went to wireless interfaces, and there is a drop down menu for the radio profiles. If I create a new radio profile with only the selected channel and then select that profile from the dropdown menu for that AP, it should ONLY apply to that AP, correct? I am just concerned as I don't want to make a change that is global when I'm just trying to test something on one AP. To be clear, I am not making changes to the Device Templates. 

Another thought is if I can just press Override Channel exclusion settings in radio profile? Will that allow me to manipulate channel selection on this AP only?

37b7cad4890c48cf86e25bb19629b7d1.png

Thank you for any clarification!

1 REPLY 1

AnsarY
Extreme Employee
Hi Christian,

​Yes, any changes applied under Device level Configuration section apply to only that specific device (Manage --- Devices --(click on Hostname of Device)).

If you want to set a specific static channels for WIFI0 or WIFI1 Interface, you can chose that Channel from drop down menu:

84ee732519f843fc82c3629b5dac32e3.png
If you do not see desired channel under above drop down, you would need to create a new Radio Profile (as you intended to do).
GTM-P2G8KFN