cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook air connectivity issues with new firmware (10.3r3)

Macbook air connectivity issues with new firmware (10.3r3)

Bryan_Donahue
New Contributor II

We recently added 100 AP410C’s to our network. All running on 10.3r3. I noticed connectivity issues with several macbook air computers, all running on the latest MAC software (Big Sur 11.4).

To test this I upgraded the AP outside my office, which had previously been running on 10.3r1. The connectivity issues began almost immediately. 

Web pages won’t display, says no internet connection. Sometimes the wifi icon at the top of the page just has an exclamation point. Sometimes turning wifi on and off fixes the issue, sometimes not. Sometimes rebooting the computer fixes the issue, sometimes not. This happens with several macbooks in the office. I have an old HP 4420s laptop sitting on my desk next to the macbook and it NEVER loses connectivity.

Is there a way I can downgrade this AP to 10.3r1 to see if the problem goes away? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Bryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryan_Donahue
New Contributor II

I figured out the downgrade and performed it. So far no issues but I will follow up if that changes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

admin32
New Contributor

wow, am experiencing the same thing and when first told I though the users were nuts but have seen and confirmed the issue. Like to know why or what to do about it?

Bryan_Donahue
New Contributor II

I figured out the downgrade and performed it. So far no issues but I will follow up if that changes.

GTM-P2G8KFN