cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to ExtremeCloud IQ

Migrating to ExtremeCloud IQ

souris
New Contributor

I’m attempting to migrate a customer from Aerohive HMOL Classic to ExtremeCloud IQ. I have managed to create an account using my email address but when I attempt to add the customer as an admin account it says “An admin account for "craig.lowe@albertpritchard.sandwell.sch.uk" already exists. Please try again using a different email address.”

The only place an admin account with this email address exists, or should exist, is on the original HiveManager Classic account.

How do I fix this?

JohnF
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Potentially they may have signed up for a trial at some point or something along those lines, I’ve had similar before.
I’d either:
- Create a support case where they may be able to delete the account (not certain as I’ve not had to request this before)

- Add that email in as an external admin instead (no difference in terms of XIQ operation, just they won’t get a welcome email) and get them to do a password reset. They should then have access to the new XIQ when they log in and click the name of the XIQ in the list.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Adam_Minowski
Extreme Employee

Most probbaly you use the wrong option. There are two options. First option is default but it is to create account with given email. If the email exists already you have to choose the option makred red on picture.

374a3799ff084d1ca2321df844a8324e_946a711e-a56e-4220-b0fa-fee399ca8484.png

souris
New Contributor

No sadly it’s like my front room, nothing in it!!

Time to raise a support call..

JohnF

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

I did have it once where I got the error but it did actually add them in. I’d double check the Account Management section if you’ve not already. Otherwise, support case it is!

souris
New Contributor

Hi Ash,

Yes thought of that but the customer insists that they have never had a trial account.

I think I will have to create a support case and go down that route as I have already tried to add them as an external admin but that just comes back with a different error message.

“The specified email address may not match an external admin account or may already be granted access.“

JohnF
GTM-P2G8KFN