Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification from IQ Cloud ???

Notification from IQ Cloud ???

imadam
New Contributor
Hi,
I don't know is it us or something is messed up with IQ cloud with managing renewals, expirations and other stuff. We don't get emails on renewals for our customer and often we get in trouble because expired license (just one of them not all of them) actually blocking you doing any changes on tenant. 

How do you guys managing this since we are unable to track that for customers nor look every single day if something is going to expire or not???

Thank you.
16 REPLIES 16

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

While XIQ currently does not have a license notification email option, we do email the distributor, partner/reseller, and customer contact associated with the entitlement key when it was purchased a minimum of 30 days before the keys expire. And again, you can see all of the expiration dates on the License Management page in XIQ that we've confirmed you have access to in our email chats. So if you would like to set up external reminders, you can see when the keys will need to be renewed within your XIQ instance at any time. 

I really appreciate you emailing me your feedback on how we can improve our license renewal system. I have a meeting set with our product development team to start exploring our options for updating this system early next week, and I'm hopeful we can implement some changes to make this process easier moving forward. If you have any additional thoughts on how we can improve, please don't hesitate to share them with me and I'll see what I can do to implement them. 

"So if you would like to set up external reminders, you can see when the keys will need to be renewed within your XIQ instance at any time. " --> what do you mean by this?

SamPirok
Community Manager
On your license management page, you can see all of your entitlement keys, the start date of those keys, and the end date when those keys will expire.

While XIQ currently does not have a license notification email option, we do email the distributor, partner/reseller, and customer contact associated with the entitlement key when it was purchased a minimum of 30 days before the keys expire.  ---> This is simple not true. We don't receive anything from Extreme as partner. Talked to two distributors, one of you stocking distributors in Europe, and they are not getting ANY notification from Extreme. Also, customer is not getting any kind of notification from Extreme. So something has be big time wrong with Extreme here. 

Since, I got burned and I lost customer over this, now I am going to investigate this even up to Extreme CEO, I don't care. So, who is responsible in Extreme for this on US side since there is no help from Extreme from this side of ocean?

If you have any additional thoughts on how we can improve, please don't hesitate to share them with me and I'll see what I can do to implement them.  --> I can show you certain things. But I am tired of emailing about this.

SamPirok
Community Manager
Can you send me the key that expired recently so I can start looking in to who specifically was supposed to be notified here? 

As for who to talk to, please let me know generally where you are located and I will find someone in your area to connect you to.
GTM-P2G8KFN