cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications of new firmware images via ExtremeCloudIQ?

Notifications of new firmware images via ExtremeCloudIQ?

SkipSinclair
New Contributor

Relatively new to CloudIQ - I have a number of 305c, 410, 610 APs.  Just logged in to do some work and did a full device update on a single device, and to my surprise it was upgraded from 10.1.6 to 10.3.1.  There were no alerts or warnings or anything saying there was an OS update available in any way.  Is there something I need to do on the console itself to enable this, or are we just supposed to hit “update” every once in a while 5f065e38491848daa1d37eaaf5ee1c31_1f603.png ?

I have email notifications enabled, but that’s only for status, CPU, and memory alerts.  Or is there some other Extreme notification list I need to subscribe to in order to get OS/Image updates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes (with a caveat that things are still getting approved and are subject to change) if everything gets approved as it stands now, you’ll see a new section on the home page of the community called “Product Announcements” with sub categories for each individual product line. There will also be a banner at the top of all community pages to link you to a post explaining about the new section. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SkipSinclair
New Contributor

Thanks, I await with baited breath!!! 🙂

SamPirok
Community Manager

Yes (with a caveat that things are still getting approved and are subject to change) if everything gets approved as it stands now, you’ll see a new section on the home page of the community called “Product Announcements” with sub categories for each individual product line. There will also be a banner at the top of all community pages to link you to a post explaining about the new section. 

SkipSinclair
New Contributor

Thanks, any particular area of “the community” that I should watch for?

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hello, that is a great question. There aren’t any alerts set up in ExtremeCloud IQ that will tell you about new firmware versions. That said we are very close to releasing a new notification system via the community where you can sign up for announcements and news regarding the different product lines. If you keep an eye on the community, I’m hoping to announce the new notification system very soon. 

GTM-P2G8KFN