Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTP and Outdoor AP1130's

NTP and Outdoor AP1130's

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I noticed within the ExtremeIQ-Pilot interface, that I have a handful of outdoor AP1130’s, that are showing N/A under NTP, while other AP1130’s have Enabled under NTP.

here is a screenshot of that (note the red lines):

2c7692c206524b6da1e2d5411da77e84_07d30e6f-efe0-4ef6-94aa-8c4ed8f34d59.png

In settings, NTP is enabled globally, so I'm unsure why some are enabled and others are N/A.  I don't think its a big deal, I'm just wondering why, as everything I have checked, is how it should be.

Thanks, J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Hello,

Simply put, it’s the firmware versions! Can’t quite remember which version it was added, but think it was in the more recent 10.0.X firmwares. All APs will likely have the NTP server you’ve configured applied, it just won’t report them in the manage>devices until you update the firmware.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Looks like they recently added the AP1130’s so they can take that 10.0r5 firmware.  Guess ill be updating the ones lagging behind.  thanks for all the info, it is appreciated.  Of course, at some point ill go to whatever is the “best” not necessary the latest, as there is some other forum post about that.  Thanks, J.

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Firmware isn’t incorrect as such, there have just been different strands of firmware over the years.

Generally they’ll be on:

802.11n APs - 6.5rX

802.11ac - 8.2rX (Classic), also those who moved to XIQ (was then HiveManager NG) and haven’t updated the firmware in a while due to this being more stable initially (in my own opinion I should add!).

802.11ac - 8.4 (XIQ) when the Network 360/ML Insights was originally introduced. Later on these came compatible to 10.0rX

802.11ax - started off on 10.0rX, but can now go to 10.2rX

TL;DR: Generally recommended to use the latest firmware.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Holy C*ap!  you are right!  didnt notice that before!  How is that even possible!  that firmware version is specific to non-outdoor AP’s! (its specific to AP650’s).  8.2.4.0 is specific to those  Outdoor AP’s!  how on this earth is that even possible for it to install what is basically, the wrong firmware!?  im going to get back in the interface and see if thats true for the other AP1130’s!

thanks for spotting that, appreciated.

J

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Hello,

Simply put, it’s the firmware versions! Can’t quite remember which version it was added, but think it was in the more recent 10.0.X firmwares. All APs will likely have the NTP server you’ve configured applied, it just won’t report them in the manage>devices until you update the firmware.

GTM-P2G8KFN