Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Premise Wifi-Controller

On-Premise Wifi-Controller

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a new on-premise WiFi Controller to replace IdentiFi. I'm not up to date regarding Aerohive, Wing, HiveManager and so on. I know that ExtremeCampusController is the direct successor of IdentiFi, but we have many problems with it and personally I don't really like it. So I'm looking at other solutions by Extreme.

I have looked around a bit and found:
- Extreme CloudIQ on Premise: I found this under extremeportal.force.com in the product section without any more information. What would be the SKU for this? AH-NGOP-SL-1Y?
The filename of CloudIQ on Premise is IQVA - in the EoL Policy I see IQ Virtual Appliance (like IQVA) is listed as already End-of-Sale!? So is this already deprecated or is this something else?
- HiveManager NG Appliance (SKU AH-HMNG-SVA): What exactly is this?
- HiveManager Private Cloud (SKU AH-HMNG-PC): Whats the difference to HiveManager NG Appliance?

Anything else? What is the way to go? I don't want to chose a product that Extreme will discontinue in the near future. What are your recommendations?

If it’s important: Management on site is done via XMC.

Best regards
Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stefan, your Sales Engineer should be able to answer these questions in more detail, but I will do my best. The SKU AH-NGOP-SL-1Y is an old SKU, I believe the new equivalent would be XIQ-PIL-S-OP-EW (ExtremeWorks). The old sku was for ExtremeCloud IQ  (XIQ for short) hosted on premises and full support for 1 year, I assume the new sku is similar but again you’ll need to confirm that with the sales team. 

The IQVA end of sale item is different than an XIQ on premises instance, XIQ on premises is not slated for end of support or end of life at this time. 

SKU AH-HMNG-SVA looks to be for a new virtual appliance option (this is slightly different than an on premises installation). SKU AH-HMNG-PC is for a private cloud option, and would likely not be what you are looking for. 

Ultimately I’d recommend reaching out to your sales engineer, they should be able to tell you exactly what you need and give you the corresponding SKU information. We have a lot of customization options, so giving general sales advice without addressing the specifics of your network can be challenging.  If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your sales engineer, please let me know and I will email that information directly to you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi Sam,

thanks for your detailed answer. I just wanted to get a quick overview, but will get in contact with sales in the future.

I got the old SKU directly from the ordering information in the CloudIQ Datasheet (https://www.extremenetworks.com/extremecloud-iq/ → https://cloud.kapostcontent.net/pub/e2a6e40e-443f-4b44-ac84-526983d92b39/extremecloud-iq-data-sheet?... - maybe it’s a bit outdated. 🙂

But it seems that the XCA is still the most suitable solution for our deployments. Let’s hope that they get rid of some of the Bugs in the near future…

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

Stefan

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stefan, your Sales Engineer should be able to answer these questions in more detail, but I will do my best. The SKU AH-NGOP-SL-1Y is an old SKU, I believe the new equivalent would be XIQ-PIL-S-OP-EW (ExtremeWorks). The old sku was for ExtremeCloud IQ  (XIQ for short) hosted on premises and full support for 1 year, I assume the new sku is similar but again you’ll need to confirm that with the sales team. 

The IQVA end of sale item is different than an XIQ on premises instance, XIQ on premises is not slated for end of support or end of life at this time. 

SKU AH-HMNG-SVA looks to be for a new virtual appliance option (this is slightly different than an on premises installation). SKU AH-HMNG-PC is for a private cloud option, and would likely not be what you are looking for. 

Ultimately I’d recommend reaching out to your sales engineer, they should be able to tell you exactly what you need and give you the corresponding SKU information. We have a lot of customization options, so giving general sales advice without addressing the specifics of your network can be challenging.  If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your sales engineer, please let me know and I will email that information directly to you. 

GTM-P2G8KFN