cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboarding issue

Onboarding issue

shameerg
New Contributor
I am trying to onboard devices via .csv, however i'm getting the following popup message:
The following devices failed:
HOSTNAME undefined
PVMS-OFFICE1-410undefined
PVMS-OFFICE2-410undefined
PVMS-CAFE1-410undefined
PVMS-CAFE2-410undefined
PVMS-LD-305undefined
PVMS-SPEECH-305undefined
PVMS-MEDIACENTER1-410undefined
PVMS-MEDIACENTER2-410undefined
PVMS-CR1-305undefined
PVMS-CR2-305undefined
PVMS-SCICR-305undefined
PVMS-ART-305undefined
PVMS-VETCH-410undefined
PVMS-CR3-305undefined
PVMS-SCILAB-305undefined
PVMS-CR4-305undefined
PVMS-CR5-305undefined
PVMS-CR57-305undefined
PVMS-CR8-305undefined
PVMS-GYM2-410undefined
PVMS-GYM1-410undefined

If I onboard one at a time via SN, they add successfully. However, then they just have the following message:
This device has not yet made a connection with ExtremeCloud IQ. It can take up to 10 minutes for a device to appear after the initial onboarding process. If the device has not successfully connected after 10 minutes, follow this link for more information: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000099673

I have previously onboarded successfully with a similar file.
5 REPLIES 5

MikeC
Extreme Employee
Shameer,

This is correct, if you have already added the devices manually the .csv file will encounter that error as it cannot add equipment that is already present. You can either adjust the .csv to remove the already added entries or as you suggested, remove the manually added devices so that the entire .csv imports.

-Mike Coughlin

shameerg
New Contributor
Hello Sam, 

Thanks for your help. One other question - Extreme Support Engineer came back and had me modify my .csv file to remedy the issue. However, my issue is this now. In order to get AP's online and servicing clients (while I waited to hear back regarding the onboarding issue), I manually add 10 AP's at a time via SN with location and Network Policy. Now when I upload the .csv it tells me the devices were previously onboarded - device failure. I just need to change the hostnames for these AP's. Will they need to be completely removed and onboarded again?

shameerg
New Contributor
Opened a support case. Thank you.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi again, I ran this past our XIQ team and they asked that we open a support case so they can take a closer look at the import file with you to see if we can determine what is causing that undefined error for you. Would you be able to go to the Extreme Portal and open a new case under the Support tab?
GTM-P2G8KFN