Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio profile for wifi6 (AX) best practice

Radio profile for wifi6 (AX) best practice

WagoL
New Contributor II

Hi

We recently bought a few AX AP's, someone wants to share his radioprofile?
What is the best practice here?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WagoL
New Contributor II

Hi Ron

Thanks for sharing. I should check if I still have some a and bg devices, it would be good practice to get rid of these. As they set the speed low for others to.

For datarates at my side all below 12Mbps are disabled, 12 is basic and the rest is optional. We have some warehouses. Quite challenging environment.

Wago

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WagoL
New Contributor II

Hi Ron

Thanks for sharing. I should check if I still have some a and bg devices, it would be good practice to get rid of these. As they set the speed low for others to.

For datarates at my side all below 12Mbps are disabled, 12 is basic and the rest is optional. We have some warehouses. Quite challenging environment.

Wago

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi WagoL,

not sure whether I’ve a good example but at least it works which wasn’t the case with some other settings that I’ve tried before…

Here some base information...

Model: 3x AP305C

Usage: 24/7 because of COVID > Home/Office/Lab with about 20-30 clients connected all the time

2.4GHz: 20MHz, 3 channel plan 1,6,11, deny 802.11 b/g devices

5GHz: 20MHz, only channel 36,40,44,48 because lot of my devices (i.e. Alexa) don’t support the other channels, OFDMA/BSS coloring disabled (no supported client and some issues if enabled), deny 802.11a clients

SSID: MBR > 24Mb basic and higher rates as optional, lower rates disabled

Attached screenshots with all settings for both radios.

I’m open to suggestions to improve my config if anyone has a tip 🙂

Cheers,

Ron

GTM-P2G8KFN