cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing ExtremeIQ Support

Renewing ExtremeIQ Support

souris
New Contributor

I’m trying to renew an entitlement key that is about to expire. I’m now being told that I need to specifify which serial numbers are linked to the entitlement key BEFORE I can renew the support.

I was never asked to do this in the past, I just had to ensure that the total number of devices that I was attempting to manage on HMOL/IQ didn’t exceed the total number of licences I had.

I kind-of understand why Extreme want to do this but I dont know a way to readily display which serial numbers were originally tied to each entitlement key.

Can anyone help please?

JohnF
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, looks like whoever told you that you needed to tie the licenses to particular serial numbers was mistaken. I ran this past an expert in our new license system (the new license system is called LEM) and LEM licenses are only concerned with how many devices you have total (just like the old entitlement key system).

To purchase a new license, you just need to talk to your Services Engineer (SE) and connect your XIQ account to your portal account. You can do this by logging in to XIQ> Global Settings> License Management> There should be an option at the top of the page to link your XIQ instance to your portal account, you’ll then be asked to log in to the extreme portal like you would for extremeportal.force.com, and then you should be all set. 

If you’re not sure who to reach out to for your SE, please let me know generally where you are located and I’ll find a local contact for you to speak with. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, I’ve just sent you a direct message with the name and email of your local SE contact. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else!

souris
New Contributor

Awesome! Thanks for that Sam. I will feed that back to our distributor. We are UK based in the Midlands, for some reason we appear to have lost sight of our local SE.

Thanks for the update.

JohnF

SamPirok
Community Manager

This article has more details on LEM licensing, in case you’re interested: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000093521

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi there, looks like whoever told you that you needed to tie the licenses to particular serial numbers was mistaken. I ran this past an expert in our new license system (the new license system is called LEM) and LEM licenses are only concerned with how many devices you have total (just like the old entitlement key system).

To purchase a new license, you just need to talk to your Services Engineer (SE) and connect your XIQ account to your portal account. You can do this by logging in to XIQ> Global Settings> License Management> There should be an option at the top of the page to link your XIQ instance to your portal account, you’ll then be asked to log in to the extreme portal like you would for extremeportal.force.com, and then you should be all set. 

If you’re not sure who to reach out to for your SE, please let me know generally where you are located and I’ll find a local contact for you to speak with. 

GTM-P2G8KFN