Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API for Connect customer

REST API for Connect customer

rmfalco892
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a few AeroHive AP230, and I would like to programmatically get the list of clients connected to all the APs in my network.

I was hoping the Extreme Cloud IQ REST API would let me do so, but when trying to authenticate through a POST to https://api.extremecloudiq.com/login I get
{
"error_code": "PERMISSION_DENIED",
"error_id": "05d1653cb3db4ec3867b6fb8f21554c4",
"error_message": "PERMISSION_DENIED: Access denied for 'Connect' customer."
}

(please note that the password is correct, if I use the wrong one the message changes)

Is there any way for me to use the API, or since I am a "Connect" customer there's no way I can do it?

Is there any other way to get the list of clients connected to my network (no matter to what AP specifically)?
I do have physical access to the APs, so even if that means connecting through serial it'd still be acceptable as long as I can do it programmatically.

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I know that it is not perfect, but after SSH to one of your APs, you can use:

show amrp client

With that you will get lists of local, and remote (on other APs) clients:
MAC, radio, user profile ID, VLAN, IP, Age, IPv6
Just by matching profile ID to profile name (show user-profile) you can process the data with your script to have "amrp clients" table with profile names, instead of UPID.

Hope it would be good enough.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This would be perfect actually!

Will try to SSH my device ASAP!!

Adam_Minowski
Extreme Employee

Sorry. There is no way you can use REST API with Connect account. The error message is clear about it.

But you still can have a list of clients. It's not straightforward as it was time ago, but it is there. Go to Devices list and click number on the top near "CLIENTS"

Adam_Minowski_0-1663621389028.png

GTM-P2G8KFN