Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup new AP305C

Setup new AP305C

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I’ve added a new AP305C to HiveManager and need to push a complete config.  All the tools in HiveManager are grayed out for the AP, so I’ve started an SSH session but can’t find the CLI commands to push the complete config.  If anyone could point  me to information for doing that, i would be grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hello,

AP305C is an Extreme CloudIQ Access Point. I’m a bit confused that you say, that you haven’t heard of CloudIQ. I think the AP is not compatible to your Hive Manager?!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Hi, Stefan,

You’re right.  I’ve been using Aerohive for years, and this is my first experience with a new AP after the acquisition of Aerohive by Extreme Networks.  I’ve set up a CloudIQ instance and onboarded the new APs.  I guess I’ll have to migrate the existing AP230’s to Cloud IQ, too, so i can be using the same SSID’s across my wireless network.

If you’ve got links to helpful resources for this process that you could share, I’d be very grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hello,

AP305C is an Extreme CloudIQ Access Point. I’m a bit confused that you say, that you haven’t heard of CloudIQ. I think the AP is not compatible to your Hive Manager?!

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Hi, Ron,

I’m afraid I don’t know where to locate CloudIQ - when you mention the dashboard, do you mean the HiveManager OL dashboard?  I had gotten pretty comfortable with managing Aerohive APs through HiveManager and SSH, but I’m a total newbie with Extreme Networks’ products.

Thanks,

Steve

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Hi, Ron,

Thanks for your response!  I'm new to Extreme Networks and didn't even know about CloudIQ. I'll take a look and see what I can figure out.

Thanks again!

Steve

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

is the AP connected to CloudIQ = green cloud icon in the dashboard.

In that case did you select the AP > then the option for “update device” shouldn’t be greyed out anymore and you should be able to push the full config to the AP.

-Ron

GTM-P2G8KFN