cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some APs dropping hostname after complete update. Still in config, requires a second update to correct

some APs dropping hostname after complete update. Still in config, requires a second update to correct

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I’ve noticed this problem on and off for a while but it seems sporadic.However, Last night I did complete updates to all of my APs, and this morning there are over 25 that are not showing their proper hostname (instead, are showing “AH-MAC###”). If I look in device 360 > configure > device configuration > hostname the proper hostname is still there, so pushing a delta will re-apply the hostname. Any idea why this would be happening, and how to prevent it from happening in the future?

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, this is CFD-5718.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Is there a CFD for this yet? I haven’t seen it in the known issues list

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/known-and-addressed-issues.h...

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The hostname reverting to the default name issue is a known issue that is still being worked out. The config audit mismatch would likely be a separate issue, and for that I’d recommend opening a case as they’ll have to look at some logs to try to identify what is tripping the audit mismatch notification. 

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I ended up pushing a complete config update to these devices this morning, and unfortunately didn’t document the specific devices.

However now that I’m looking, I do have 250+ devices still with a config audit mismatch even though they are showing that they were successfully updated last night (and no config changes have been made since). Any idea if this could be a related or a separate issue?

GTM-P2G8KFN