Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden License Issue

Sudden License Issue

systemscsn
Valued Contributor
Hi All,

all of a sudden (started about 1 hour ago), im getting a box on the screen thats stating I have exceed my license device limit.

b05a02005f0d4eba94dd14f2146090a9.png

I tried to go into my global settings to make sure nothing had unlinked the account with the license site, but it doesnt load that page.

is something going on on their end?

Keep in mind nothing has changed on our end, we have had all of our AP's going for a long while now, and havent added an AP in many months...

ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks, appreciate the reply and help.  So i cant get into global settings because its stating im 2 licenses over?  WTH

... quickly, a little background.

We bought a few more AP's, and I was able to on-board them without issue (already linked the license page to the portal page as I was told to do that because of a change int he way licenses work).  no issue, no problems....  then we had a building change use and didnt need 2 Outdoor AP's (both 1130's), so I took them down and keep them in storage.. they have been useful for the odd outdoor event where they might have needed internet (i plug them in, and they are already configured) and boom... all is well.  

No new events have happened, and those two AP's have been in storage, unused since about December.......  then just this week, i get that message on the screen... nothing has changed...... so, why am I getting that message?  all previous AP's are licenses, we have only added a few, and they all on-board without issue, and certainly nothing about needing a license...... im at a loss.

does the above help?

do you think its those 2 AP's in storage and if I plugged them in, it will somehow fix the license over use issue?
GTM-P2G8KFN