cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update not possible

Update not possible

b_koeck
New Contributor

As I use HM classic ( Hive manager is 6.1r2 )I tried to update HM and the AP´s too.

From support I got information to upgrade HM to version 8.2r2e soon and my AP´s (AP230) to 8.2r7  And I got 2 files “hivemanager-8.2r2e-64b.signed.tar.gz” and “AP122-8.2r6.img.S” but dont know what to do with them.

In HM - Home - HM Operations - Update Software - there is no way to upload anything - just  “available upgrade version - none available”!

In some doc´s is written to upload files - but how to do???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

If you can’t upload directly you might have a few other options:

1 - Automatically download the update from the update server - firewall dependant allowing it through - there may be a flashing bee towards the top right of the HiveManager - I’m not sure if this goes back to the 6.X versions of HM however.

2- A bit of a longer workaround, but something I did with a customer recently:

Export your existing HiveManager config. Redeploy on a newer HiveManager version, change IPs around of the instances so no need to change DNS records etc, APs should come back online. HiveManager will have the AP firmware with it so no need to upload it separately. To copy licences across you will most likely need support to reinitialise them.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

b_koeck
New Contributor

Im up to date now - support did it for me - dont know why it was impossible for myself!

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

If you can’t upload directly you might have a few other options:

1 - Automatically download the update from the update server - firewall dependant allowing it through - there may be a flashing bee towards the top right of the HiveManager - I’m not sure if this goes back to the 6.X versions of HM however.

2- A bit of a longer workaround, but something I did with a customer recently:

Export your existing HiveManager config. Redeploy on a newer HiveManager version, change IPs around of the instances so no need to change DNS records etc, APs should come back online. HiveManager will have the AP firmware with it so no need to upload it separately. To copy licences across you will most likely need support to reinitialise them.

reinhardg
Contributor II

You have a severe problem, but support does not help. I’d try to escalate this.

b_koeck
New Contributor

I tried this with the new user days before - no effect, also I´m registered in extremeNetwork - the link above shows how often and which firmware I downloaded. But no change in HiveManager

GTM-P2G8KFN