cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update not possible

Update not possible

b_koeck
New Contributor

As I use HM classic ( Hive manager is 6.1r2 )I tried to update HM and the AP´s too.

From support I got information to upgrade HM to version 8.2r2e soon and my AP´s (AP230) to 8.2r7  And I got 2 files “hivemanager-8.2r2e-64b.signed.tar.gz” and “AP122-8.2r6.img.S” but dont know what to do with them.

In HM - Home - HM Operations - Update Software - there is no way to upload anything - just  “available upgrade version - none available”!

In some doc´s is written to upload files - but how to do???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

If you can’t upload directly you might have a few other options:

1 - Automatically download the update from the update server - firewall dependant allowing it through - there may be a flashing bee towards the top right of the HiveManager - I’m not sure if this goes back to the 6.X versions of HM however.

2- A bit of a longer workaround, but something I did with a customer recently:

Export your existing HiveManager config. Redeploy on a newer HiveManager version, change IPs around of the instances so no need to change DNS records etc, APs should come back online. HiveManager will have the AP firmware with it so no need to upload it separately. To copy licences across you will most likely need support to reinitialise them.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

reinhardg
Contributor II

We had the same HM version in the past and were able to upgrade/had the upload function. Still one more idea: Create an additional HM account that belongs to the “Super User” group and try it with that account.

Regarding the download section: Maybe you simply have to register here: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrLogin?startURL=%2FExtrDownloadLanding

Regarding support: That’s unbelievable! Please ask them why the don’t answer...

b_koeck
New Contributor

The missing upload function was not mentioned by support. 😞

b_koeck
New Contributor

I have V8.1r2 for HM Classic and the AP230 have 8.1r2a.178408.

My downloadsection is empty and nothing to upgrade automatically, although there are newer versons possible. Support answer I posted last time.

reinhardg
Contributor II

Now I’m confused: Do you have V6.1r2 or V8.1r2? The recommended version is 8.2r2e. Since you have support I assume that you have access to the download section.

However, what is support’s answer to the missing upload function?

b_koeck
New Contributor

Sorry I have HM classic Version 8.1r2 and my AP230 have  8.1r2a.178408

But no way to see add/remove anywhere - either Hivemanager Update nor AP Firmware upgrade.

Extreme Networks support told me I have the latest versions

Hello Bernhard, You have informed us that you are running " HiveManager Online from 6.1r2 " which is older version and can be updated to newer version which can be Firmware HiveOS 8.1r2a which is in used in your case. There is no need to get higher version, because first you are on one of the newest version, secondly your version is stable and thirdly you use Hive Manager Online which mean your HiveManager will automatically advise you if there is better version available.

GTM-P2G8KFN