cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a switch licence become active and start the 1 year licence delay clock ticking

When does a switch licence become active and start the 1 year licence delay clock ticking

MichaelL
New Contributor
Hi
just wondering when a licence is actually activated so I can calculated when the 1 year delay licence will start.
Is it when the licence is linked to the XIQ account, or when the device is onboarded for the first time.
For example if a customer bought a bunch of switches and licences, had the licences linked and enabled but then does not onboard the switch for a period of time. When would the 1 year clock start?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I believe that would be set during the sales process right before the key is generated, so that would be something you'd want to work out with your SE prior to the key being generated. I'm not sure what we use now to set the start date, I would assume it would correspond to the expected shipping dates but again that might be something the sales team has a better idea of than I would.

MichaelL
New Contributor
thanks - so how do we control the start date?  Is it set to a time when the unit ships?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Michael, the XIQ licenses come with a start and end date already configured to the key. This means the end date for the key will be the same whether the key is actively used or not. Hope that helps!
GTM-P2G8KFN