Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ AP Ethernet Interface Mode

XIQ AP Ethernet Interface Mode

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III

Hi,

There is a dashboard in "Network Health" with port speed and duplex data. Unfortunately, I can't find the API that returns this data. I didn't find the duplex in the device properties. Does anyone have any idea?

Captura de tela 2024-07-04 163404.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Raul,

Thank you for the clarification!

Please open a GTAC case so that we may assist you. 

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Raul,

Thank you for the clarification!

Please open a GTAC case so that we may assist you. 

BR,

Christoph S.

I'm going to open a ticket, but there is no support for the API...

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello @Raul_Carbonari,

The duplex parameter can be found in the AP template under Wired Interfaces:

Christoph_S_1-1720182639160.png

A few suggestions:

1 - Unplug and AP from a 100M port and plug into a 1G port, does the issue follow the AP?

2 - Check your switchports for correct speed.

3 - Make sure that LLDP is enabled both on the AP and switchport

4 - Replace cable with good know working cable

5 - Check power on AP (cli command: #show system power mode) depending on AP you may need 802.3at (POE+) power

6 - SSH into an AP and  run the command #show int eth0 | inc duplex, you should see something similar to this:

AP4000#show int eth0 | inc duplex
Operational state=up; Duplex=full-duplex; Speed=1000Mbps;

7 - From above screenshot you seem to have high broadcasts and may want to check the source. 

I hope this helps,

BR,

Christoph S.

Christoph,
That's not the point, the XIQ shows a dashboard indicating "possible problems", I know that all network points are 1Gb and PoE+, so any AP that indicates 100Mb or Half-Duplex has a problem, probably related to cabling.

But there is no way to know which APs are in this condition, I have more than 220 APs to review manually, as this seems to be the only way.
I reviewed the API and didn't find any calls returning the port state. But there is a schema with the data "XiqSpeedDuplexEntity", so I assume it must be associated with some undocumented call, as the Dashboard has this information, which is extracted from somewhere.

Raúl

GTM-P2G8KFN