cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ device level config

XIQ device level config

Marc_Daley
New Contributor II

I'm just looking into config management within XIQ, specifically switches. I understand the difference between device level config and policy level config and the interactions between the 2.

What I'm not clear on is how the device level config is managed from a backup perspective. For example, if I were to replace a device using that was using device level config would the same config be restored when replaced? So the changes made at device level are still stored within the cloud?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Marc,

This new device will pull the global settings, but not device specific settings (device level configs of another unit). You'll need to reconfigure those on the replacement unit. This will prevent duplicate names, IP addresses, etc. 

The device level configs are still stored in the cloud but only for the unit they are intended to be used on, and will not be inherited by any other one. These settings will be lost once this device is deleted from the Manage > Devices page.

I hope this helps,

Chris

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marc_Daley
New Contributor II

That's great, thanks for confirming Christoph.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Marc,

This new device will pull the global settings, but not device specific settings (device level configs of another unit). You'll need to reconfigure those on the replacement unit. This will prevent duplicate names, IP addresses, etc. 

The device level configs are still stored in the cloud but only for the unit they are intended to be used on, and will not be inherited by any other one. These settings will be lost once this device is deleted from the Manage > Devices page.

I hope this helps,

Chris

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN