cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Control printers losing connection, state "The session is no longer active due to: User-Request."

Extreme Control printers losing connection, state "The session is no longer active due to: User-Request."

Mark_van_Strien
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am facing some strange thing.

using MAC authentication on a ERS4900 switch for a Canon printer, the printer is losing connections after a while and the state description in XMC Control is “The session is no longer active due to: User-Request.

what can cause this and how to avoid it?

kind regards

Mark van Strien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Mark

With such symptoms, I would check the EAP timeouts and double check if STP admin-edge is enabled on the ports.

Mig

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I’ve updated the best answer here, please let me know if I’ve selected the wrong one and I’ll update it again. Thanks for keeping the thread updated everyone!!

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

899c10c0df1d4bfcacff82859e26c689_1f606.png  No issue, I’m glad you solved this painful point

Mig

Mark_van_Strien
New Contributor III

Hi all,

An update today as Miguel-Angel suggested check the STP setting of the port changed it to admin-edge. Toggled the phone port and the printer port keeps working ! Ran an ping all-day and the printer keeps working ! So the STP admin-edge setting did the trick.

Thanks all for helping with the issue !!! special thanks to Miguel-Angel for the pointer to STP setting!

Kind regards Mark.

@Miguel-Angel RODRIGUEZ-GARCIA sorry wanted to click your post as answer but clicked the wrong button and can’t change it.

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Mark

With such symptoms, I would check the EAP timeouts and double check if STP admin-edge is enabled on the ports.

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN