Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A4H124 former stack ports not available

A4H124 former stack ports not available

crodrigl
New Contributor

Hello,

I have recently replaced a SecureStack A4H124 stack member: removed a 24 port unit and replaced with a 48 port one (both were A4H124-xxP).

Now, ports 25 & 26 (which were the stack ports in the 24 port unit) are not available in the 48 port unit, and cannot find a way to “activate” them again.

¿Any idea of what to do to restore these ports to ethernet mode?

The stack is working fine otherwise, but having 2 missing ports in the middle of a switch is a bit error-prone.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, looks like Peter already has you going in the right direction here. I’d suggest backing up the switch’s configuration via TFTP to a remote PC for safe keeping, powering down switch 3, then running the command “clear switch member 3” without the quotations, then power 3 back up and reload your configuration. Since you are doing this remotely, be sure your uplink isn’t switch 3. If it is, you’ll want to be local for this process. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

crodrigl
New Contributor

I didn’t issue any command to remove the old unit… just followed this simple procedure:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/How-do-I-replace-a-faulty-unit-or-management-...

What is the command? Is it ok to remove the unit and add it again?

PeterK
Contributor III

It looks you only replaced the unit without removing (via command) the old unit first?

crodrigl
New Contributor

Sure, here it is:

DVSWA410(su)->show port status fe.3.24-27
Alias Oper Admin Speed
Port (truncated) Status Status (bps) Duplex Type
--------- ------------ ------- ------- --------- ------- ------------
fe.3.24 Down Up N/A N/A BaseT RJ45/PoE
fe.3.27 Up Up 100.0M full BaseT RJ45/PoE

Ports 25-26 are missing… trying to show status of only these two ports results in an error:

DVSWA410(su)->show port status fe.3.25-26
Invalid Port in [port-string].

I can post the entire port list, but it is the same, just much longer aa0946c5031e485ca92becb30486778e_1f609.png

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you share the output of “show port status”? That should help troubleshoot this issue. If you’d rather share that with me directly, please feel free to email it to me at community@extremenetworks.com. 

GTM-P2G8KFN