Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterasys C3 Linking Vlans

Enterasys C3 Linking Vlans

janni
New Contributor
Hello everyone.

First let me say, that i really like this community. It helped me a lot in configuring our Enterasys switches in my company. But now let me come to my problem.

We use a few 48 port poe swichtes in our AV Rental company. Its for connecting devices such as ethernet based intercom system and so on.

I configured the swichtes in 3 Vlans. Now i want to link the vlans between the switches. But i dont want to use a trunk port, i want to link them separately. It's because the Intercom uses full 1000 MBit if the max number of users is used.

I tried to link the two Vlans via sfp modules. The Sfp Ports are in the correct VLans. But whenever i connect more than one SFP Link between two switches the connection refuses and the devices cant talk to each other. I thought it could be something with a loopback. But the two SFP Port i connect to eacht other are in different Vlans. So there cant be a loop. or am i wrong?

I hope you can help me out with this. Just let me know, if you need additional information.
11 REPLIES 11

janni
New Contributor
Hey Tomasz,
This is what the console outputs after my Vlan config. Should be correct?!

VLAN: 1 NAME: DEFAULT VLAN
VLAN Type: Default
Egress Ports
lag.0.1-6
Forbidden Egress Ports
None.
Untagged ports
lag.0.1-6

VLAN: 100 NAME: vlan-one
VLAN Type: Permanent
Egress Ports
ge.1.1-16, ge.1.46
Forbidden Egress Ports
None.
Untagged ports
ge.1.1-16, ge.1.46

VLAN: 110 NAME: vlan-two
Egress Ports
ge.1.17-32, ge.1.47
Forbidden Egress Ports
None.
Untagged ports
ge.1.17-32, ge.1.47

VLAN: 120 NAME: vlan-three
Egress Ports
ge.1.33-45, ge.1.48
Forbidden Egress Ports
None.
Untagged ports
ge.1.33-45, ge.1.48

Regards,
Jan

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hello Janni,

At first I would like to ask you for 'show vlan portinfo' for those ports you try to link.
You can have vlan egress set to your tagged VLANs, but PVID (native VLAN) might be still the same and that's why a loop would occur.
Then, depending on what STP mode is there by default and whether it is enabled by default or not, you might experience port blocks.

Hope that helps,
Tomasz
GTM-P2G8KFN