Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterasys N7 InterVlan routing

Enterasys N7 InterVlan routing

eminsesen
New Contributor

Hi,

I have Enterasys N7 switch. I have the following configuration on switch.

Problem:  Devices in different vlan can not ping each other. Intervlan routing problem.

configure terminal
!
 interface vlan.0.2
  ip address 10.110.2.1 255.255.255.0 primary
  no shutdown
  exit

interface vlan.0.403
  ip address 192.168.88.250 255.255.255.0 primary
  no shutdown
  exit

set port vlan ge.6.2 403
set port vlan ge.6.6 2

The computer(VLAN2) connected to the ge.6.6 port and the computer connected to the ge.6.2(VLAN 403) port cannot ping each other. Each device can successfully ping their gateway addresses.

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

It’s been a long time since I configured routing on N-series, but the switch config looks correct. Routing is enabled by default on N-Series.

• Can you check if the command “no ip routing” is listed under “show running-config”? 
  • Can you make sure that you have the correct default gateway configured on both clients?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

It’s been a long time since I configured routing on N-series, but the switch config looks correct. Routing is enabled by default on N-Series.

• Can you check if the command “no ip routing” is listed under “show running-config”? 
  • Can you make sure that you have the correct default gateway configured on both clients?

eminsesen
New Contributor

The device in Vlan403(192.168.88.0/24 network) can send 192.168.88.250 pings. But the device in Vlan2 cannot ping this ip address.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Might be a client-firewall problem.

Can you try to ping 192.168.88.250  from VLAN2?

GTM-P2G8KFN