Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACP negotiation failure

LACP negotiation failure

khanjan
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with an active LACP connection on my X450e-48t and X450e-48p switches when using a long timeout.

Here's the scenario:

1. My switch sends an LACPDU with activity and aggregation flags to remove a link from the LAG.
  2. The Extreme switch accepts this and removes the link from the LAG, then starts a new connection by sending activity, aggregation, and sync packets.
  3. However, my switch later replies with activity, aggregation, defaulted, and expired flags.

At this point, the Extreme switch sometimes doesn't reply back immediately. When it does, it takes around 20-30 seconds to respond.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is this a known bug, or is it expected behavior? Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Clarence765
New Contributor

thanks for sharing... Brevard Property Appraiser BCPAO

selenaadone
New Contributor II

Hi,

I think you should like there is a problem with how your Extreme switches are handling LACP connections when using a longer timeout setting. After removing a link from the LAG there is a delay or inconsistency in how the switches respond to each other's LACP messages. This could be due to compatibility issues between the switches or a configuration mismatch. Checking and aligning the firmware versions and LACP settings on both switches might help resolve this issue.

Thanks

cpq

okay, Thanks @selenaadone , I will take up upgrading extreme switch and run these tests.  It looks like switches are old and version too, it is  15.1.3.4 (Dec 2012). 

GTM-P2G8KFN