Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVI Migration and VRRP

SVI Migration and VRRP

dazza
New Contributor II

Hello

I have tried for a second time to migrate a dhcp vlan ipaddresses from one switch to another switch pair  as part of a  network refresh. I have on the new switch pair a vrrp implemented with an MLAG pair. The ipaddress from the SVI on the old switch went on the VRRP on the mlag switch pair. 

All seemed well from a switch point of view pinging SVIs to SVIs and the migrated ip address  ok. The vlan has dhcp and before the ipaddress change I could ping from the vlan svi to the ipaddress of the dhcp server. I checked trunks, bootp and ipforwarding to no avail! Having migrated cisco HRRP last year I could not understand the how! Does anyone have any experience of migrating ipaddresses using VRRP. (I have disabled vrrp now in prep for go number 3 at this migration!)

Reverting the changes brought everything back to life including traffic between the vlan and the dhcp server. I noticed firmware updates with VRRP for a 5420 which I applied as a switch on my last migration had to be rebooted to communicate with its' vrrp addresses. 

Any help greatly appreciated! 

Darren

0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN