ge.1.5 is set to 3D2(su)->show port txq ge.1.5
Port Alg Q0 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7
----- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
ge.1.5 WRR 2 5 7 10 12 15 20 29

D2(su)->show port priority-queue ge.1.5
Port P0 P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7
--------- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
ge.1.5 2 0 1 3 4 5 6 7

I would expect that untagged traffic ingressing in ge.1.5 will be assigned a priority of 3
and it will carry this when egressing as a tagged frame.
This behaviour was confirmed with wireshark; tagged frames egressing carry a priority of 3.

The question now is, does the traffic get to Q3 and is it forwarded according to the txq rules (10%) of all ???

Is there any way to confirm the COS configuration ??

Also ist it enough to have the ToS/CoS mapping in the cos settings to priorize AF31 and EF or ist policy a must at this stage ??
The devices are sending DSCP mared traffic, the PBX does not, thats the port priority conf.

TIA.

8 REPLIES 8

Also note that in the 'show cos settings' output, the two numeric values in the ToS column would be used for the purpose of doing "TOS Rewrite" upon egress, rather than being used for recognizing TOS values upon ingress as you are seeking here. Hub KB 5810 (http://bit.ly/1lDhQjj) provides a detailed N-Series TOS Rewrite discussion that in principle - with some minor hardware-based differences - applies to the policy-licensed D2 as well.

By default the D2 (and N-Series) would carry any TOS byte values through, from ingress to egress. In general it is not necessary to reinforce this via TOS Rewrite.

Luke_French
Extreme Employee
Sorry, I'm not sure about the rest. Lets give the community a chance to answer. If you don't get an answer on this, open a ticket with the GTAC.

Holger_Gmerek
New Contributor III
Hi Luke,
thanks for your reply, i thought that there is no way of monitoring this.

But it seems that is only a partial answer to my questions.

Luke_French
Extreme Employee
There is no way to confirm the QoS internal to the D2.
GTM-P2G8KFN