cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator like Cisco packet tracer Tool foe Enterasys Switch

Simulator like Cisco packet tracer Tool foe Enterasys Switch

Muthu_srini
New Contributor
Does Extreme Networks have Simulator like Cisco packet tracer Tool for Enterasys Switches?..
5 REPLIES 5

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Honestly, I don't know, because I have not used the GNS3 setup described at https://github.com/extremenetworks/Virtual_EXOS/blob/master/GNS3_EXOS-VM_Guide.md myself. I have always used GNS3 installed on my GNU/Linux system using the distribution packages.

Anyway, the image at the bottom of the GNS_EXOS-VM_Guide.md shows that a GNS3 appliance is started and shows the IP of that appliance. Perhaps the settings of the locally running GNS3 program and the virtual appliance do not match. You might find a setting in the GNS3 running on the local machine to which GNS3 appliance to connect. There you need to enter the IP shown in the GNS3 appliance window.

Hope to help,
Erik

Muthu_srini
New Contributor
Hi Erik,
Thanks for the prompt response. My screenshot shows IP address 192.168.150.128. Should I mention this ip address anywhere during GNS3 setup.I believe the procedure did not say anything about this.Please let me know if I am missing something here.

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Is it possible that you mis-typed the IP address? Your screenshot seems to show "192.168.159.128" as GNS3 IP address, but the error message says "192.168.150.128."

Muthu_srini
New Contributor
Hi Eric,
Thanks for the support.
While following the procedure and I am getting error like " The Remote Server 192.168.150.128:3080 is not a GNS3 Server. Could you please advise how to proceed further.

20f6d989dfa446a58344172459b694a1_RackMultipart20170411-115898-u1yeh8-GNS3_Error_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN