cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

The Mgmt port on all my Enterasys Switches are on a non default VLAN (99), how do I get a X430 to change its Mgmt from VLAN 04095 to 99

The Mgmt port on all my Enterasys Switches are on a non default VLAN (99), how do I get a X430 to change its Mgmt from VLAN 04095 to 99

DWAYNE_LOVELY
New Contributor
I have the Management port on all my Enterasys Switches on a non default VLAN (say 99), how do I get a New Extreme Summit X430 to change its Management from VLAN 04095 to 99? Then send it as tagged/egress across port 8 connected to a Point-to-Point wireless tunnel with several other VLANs so that I can manage it from my Console? With WiFi dual wired connections to the physical port is obviously not an option.
11 REPLIES 11

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Dwayne,

Here's a sample config to implement what Drew suggested. I've used mvlan as the vlan name, but you can change it to whatever makes sense to you:
create vlan mvlan
configure mvlan tag 99
configure mvlan ipaddress
configure mvlan add ports 8 tagged

As Drew pointed out, you can later add an ACL to limit which IP addresses/subnets can be used to manage the switch.

You can read about this in EXOS User Guide (http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos/downloads/EXOS_User_Guide_15_7.pdf) pages 46 (Access Profile Logging for Telnet) or 49 (Access Profile Logging for SSH2).

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Dwayne,
Because EXOS switches have a dedicated management port, there's no option to configure the tag.
If you must have a tag, you can create a "management" VLAN with an IP and add one of the normal front panel ports to that VLAN as tagged. Furthermore, you can configure ACLs to restrict access to that network only to sources of certain subnets.

-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN