cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Mgmt port on all my Enterasys Switches are on a non default VLAN (99), how do I get a X430 to change its Mgmt from VLAN 04095 to 99

The Mgmt port on all my Enterasys Switches are on a non default VLAN (99), how do I get a X430 to change its Mgmt from VLAN 04095 to 99

DWAYNE_LOVELY
New Contributor
I have the Management port on all my Enterasys Switches on a non default VLAN (say 99), how do I get a New Extreme Summit X430 to change its Management from VLAN 04095 to 99? Then send it as tagged/egress across port 8 connected to a Point-to-Point wireless tunnel with several other VLANs so that I can manage it from my Console? With WiFi dual wired connections to the physical port is obviously not an option.
11 REPLIES 11

Muhammad_Younas
New Contributor
Thank you for your prompt responses.

Muhammad_Younas
New Contributor
Drew, you nailed it. Don't know why i did not look for the next options after the client IP . Thanks alot, you guys are brilliant. Actually i am very knew to Extreme networks facing difficulties in configuring it.
If you allow, i want to ask one more question here  Is the SSH protocol is disabled by default and i have to download the package for it separately? If yes, how can i download it and why this is left like this. I believe SSH should have been packaged by default.

To access the SSH module, you can look at this knowledge base article: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-obtain-and-install-ssh-module/?q=ss...

I believe there is a disclaimer in the article that explains why the SSH module is separate from the EXOS Image.

In previous versions of EXOS the SSH module was a separate module, however, in version 21, the SSH module comes bundled with EXOS, so all you have to do is enable it.

Muhammad_Younas
New Contributor
I have changed the default vlan tag already but not helping much. Command is below.

X440-48t.5 # configure radius mgmt-access primary server 192.168.25.189 client-ip 172.16.2.93

Error: IP address 172.16.2.93 is not configured in virtual router "VR-Mgmt".

The ip address 172.16.2.93 is configured on VLAN "Default" under VR-Default.
GTM-P2G8KFN