cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transceiver DDMI stats via SNMP

Transceiver DDMI stats via SNMP

jeronimo
Contributor III
I found several posts on this, most of the time with a final comment like "not YET available".
So when will it be? 🙂

This would be great to have on EOS and EXOS platforms.
I see that you can at least do webservice-kindof requests to EXOS, that alleviates the problem a little bit. But I still think this doesn't "abolish" SNMP. 🙂

Why we need this: We want to know what is happening on the fibers without having to drive there, take down the links, plug in the power meter, clean the fiber afterwards, drive to the other DC, same thing, etc. etc.

:)
10 REPLIES 10

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Here's the thread with information on how to get this information from the switch via a JSON API.
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/get-info-by-snmp-about-ports-trainciever-inform...

It can be tweaked to get specific items rather than the entire output of the command. Adding SNMP support is on "the list" but I don't know its current status.

Yup, but that's EXOS only.

Julian_Eble
New Contributor II
Wouldn't be possible to do something by scripting with python? While Extreme don't implemented that yet...

Sure there are workarounds. My point is: there are millions of things in the MIB, some of which probably noone ever uses. Now I have something that would actually make sense 🙂

Frank
Contributor
While you're waiting for SNMP, would (for EXOS, I do not know EOS) this command help you?
# sh port transceiver information [detail]?

The short (no "detail") version's output looks like this:

Port Temp TxPower RxPower TxBiasCurrent Voltage-Aux1/ Voltage-Aux2
(Celsius) (dBm) (dBm) (mA) Vcc (Volts) (Volts)
================================================================================
1:1 32.59 -2.33 -2.42 5.84 3.36 N/A

Of course, SNMP queries would be nicer for easy graphing in cacti etc. And I have to admit, I haven't looked/tested if it might have sneaked in to SNMP yet.

Frank
GTM-P2G8KFN