Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS4900 EDM Web Access/ CLI

ERS4900 EDM Web Access/ CLI

IT_Noob
New Contributor

All,

I inherited a 2 stack of ERS4950 with an Avaya System.  I am trying to access the ERS by connecting to an ethernet port on one of the switches, but it does not allow me.  I cannot ping the switch nor even locate the IP address that's assigned to it; however, I can ping anything else connected.  I can access the switch's CLI via management port by connecting an ethernet to serial cable.  

Can someone explain to me how I can access the switch without having to be physically plugged into the management port?  I'm wanting to manage the switch from any port that may be connected.  

2 REPLIES 2

Hatem
New Contributor II

Hello, 

you have to know management IP address of your ERS, I think 192.168.10.2 by default, than you put a port in management VLAN which is VLAN 1 by default and finally, you connect you PC directly to the choosen port. you should fix the IP address of your PC in the same network (192.168.10.x). if you can not access, you should disable and enable web server with your serial connexion :

(config)#web-server disable

(config)#web-server enable

I was experiencing the same issue and restarting the web server got me to the web page.

GTM-P2G8KFN