cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10G SFP+ will not link up

10G SFP+ will not link up

DaltonC
New Contributor
I have a HP GEN10 ProLiant 380 that I am trying to link up at 10g. I was using an FS SFP+ module on switch side (Extreme Networks 10301 Compatible 10GBASE-SR SFP+ 850nm 300m DOM LC MMF Transceiver Module) and a HP 10G SFP+ on server side both SR. I had light coming through the fiber patch cable but the port would not go active, I could not even get a link light on the switch(X440-G2-48P-10GE). I made sure the port was enabled and was in the proper VLAN. Am I missing a port config to make the port active? Any help is appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

CThompsonEXOS
Extreme Employee
Can you provide the output of "show license" and "show port <port number> information detail"

Thanks,
Chris Thompson

Additionally, 

I'd check 'show port <#> configuration no-refresh' to make sure the port is configured for 10G. If it's not, you can use the following command to change the speed/negotiation on that port:

configure port <#> auto [on | off] speed <MBPS> duplex full

Also, 'show port <#> transceiver info detail' will show you if incoming light is being detected.

Bill_Handler
Contributor II
Dalton,

This may be a silly question, but do you have the 10g license on the X440?  What port are you using for the SFP on the X440?

Thanks,

Bill
GTM-P2G8KFN