cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5320-48p-8XE upgrade from XIQ failed.

5320-48p-8XE upgrade from XIQ failed.

wisperino
New Contributor II

Hi all, I got this error while trying to upgrade our 5320 Extreme Network Switch Image and push delta configs.  

"create account admin admin_XiqTempCreationTimeX h!veMgr.tmp.x!q

%% Unrecognized command: "create account admin admin_XiqTempCreationTimeX h!veMgr.tmp.x!q"

%% Invalid input detected.

create account admin admin h!veMgr.tmp.x!q

%% Unrecognized command: "create account admin admin h!veMgr.tmp.x!q"

%% Invalid input detected."

It looks like its trying to create a new temp admin account but failing?

Do I have to setup an FTP server and push updates locally for this initial update?  

Thanks in advance for any help or advice 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wisperino
New Contributor II

I opened a TAC case and the engineer noted that this was because of enabling enhanced security mode when initially booting the switch.  Said mode's more restrictive password requirements prevented XIQ from creating the accounts required to push updates.  After factory resetting the switch and NOT enabling enhanced security mode.  I was able to push updates just fine. 

I don't know why on earth that feature blocks the ability for extreme cloud management.  Seems like most customers would see a feature like "enhanced security mode" and think yeah that's a good idea.   Feels like an oversight in design.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wisperino
New Contributor II

I opened a TAC case and the engineer noted that this was because of enabling enhanced security mode when initially booting the switch.  Said mode's more restrictive password requirements prevented XIQ from creating the accounts required to push updates.  After factory resetting the switch and NOT enabling enhanced security mode.  I was able to push updates just fine. 

I don't know why on earth that feature blocks the ability for extreme cloud management.  Seems like most customers would see a feature like "enhanced security mode" and think yeah that's a good idea.   Feels like an oversight in design.  

wisperino
New Contributor II

Software/Firmware version 32.6.1.5 

GTM-P2G8KFN