cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5520 QSFP28 breakout to 10G Base-T

5520 QSFP28 breakout to 10G Base-T

KevinR
New Contributor II

On the 5520 I was hoping to find a way to breakout QSFP28 to 4 x 10G Base-T. I'm thinking it's not possible after looking at the optics compatibility guide but I'm posting this in the hope that someone found a way. Unfortunately no SFP port on devices I'm trying to connect to, 10G Base-T only. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

You could insert a 40G to 4x10G BOC DAC cable, like this one:

4x10GBASE-CX QSFP+ to four SFP+ direct attach breakout cable (Passive DAC/BOC) - 1m - 10202

Or else you insert the QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter; then you can insert 1x 10GBase-T transceiver, but only 1, not 4 of them..

QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter (supports 1x SFP+ transceiver in QSFP+ port) will recognize SFP+ transceivers inserted into the adapter - QSFP-SFPP-ADPT

Actually, the 5520 seems not to support the above one, but does support this one:

QSFP28 to SFP28 adapter (supports 1x SFP+ transceiver in a QSFP+ port OR 1x SFP28 transceiver in a QSFP28 port) - 10506

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

You could insert a 40G to 4x10G BOC DAC cable, like this one:

4x10GBASE-CX QSFP+ to four SFP+ direct attach breakout cable (Passive DAC/BOC) - 1m - 10202

Or else you insert the QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter; then you can insert 1x 10GBase-T transceiver, but only 1, not 4 of them..

QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter (supports 1x SFP+ transceiver in QSFP+ port) will recognize SFP+ transceivers inserted into the adapter - QSFP-SFPP-ADPT

Actually, the 5520 seems not to support the above one, but does support this one:

QSFP28 to SFP28 adapter (supports 1x SFP+ transceiver in a QSFP+ port OR 1x SFP28 transceiver in a QSFP28 port) - 10506

GTM-P2G8KFN