Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add vlan to existing switch and ospf routing

Add vlan to existing switch and ospf routing

Sidney_Yoder
New Contributor
Not able to ping new vlan default gateway

Name VID Protocol Addr Flags Proto Ports Virtual Active router /Total

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

corp_CTAP_agents 3710 10.131.82.1 /24 -f----------------------- ANY 0 /1 VR-Default

CTAP-Agent 500 192.168.112.1 /24 -f----------------------- ANY 80/132 VR-Default

Default 1 --------------------------------------------- ANY 0 /0 VR-Default

EVN 501 10.20.50.1 /24 -f----------------------- ANY 1 /3 VR-Default

IPC 502 172.16.50.1 /24 -f----------------------- ANY 1 /4 VR-Default

IVN 503 192.168.50.1 /24 -f----------------------- ANY 1 /7 VR-Default

Mgmt 4095 --------------------------------------------- ANY 0 /1 VR-Mgmt

XO_VPLS_MESH 1000 10.128.254.4 /24 -f-------o--------------- ANY 1 /1 VR-Default

VLAN Interface with name corp_CTAP_agents created by user

Admin State: Enabled Tagging: 802.1Q Tag 3710

Description: None

Virtual router: VR-Default

IPv4 Forwarding: Enabled

Primary IP : 10.131.82.1/24

IPv6 Forwarding: Disabled

IPv6: None

STPD: None

Protocol: Match all unfiltered protocols

Loopback: Disabled

NetLogin: Disabled

QosProfile: None configured

Egress Rate Limit Designated Port: None configured

Flood Rate Limit QosProfile: None configured

Ports: 1. (Number of active ports=0)

Untag: 3:44

20 REPLIES 20

Sidney_Yoder
New Contributor
Advanced Edge, when i log in it takes me to the 2nd switch, not the primary, when i do a show stacking it shows all three. i thought there was a way to telnet or switch to the various stacking units.

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Telnet to the specific slot # - You cannot run many commands from backup or standby nodes, when you telnet into the switch just issue the command "show license" and you will see the level. To see what slot is in what role, run the command "show stacking" - it will list the "master" and backup or standby nodes by slot #. Check the "show stacking" to make sure all are up and have roles.

Sidney_Yoder
New Contributor
this is a stacked unit, 3 total, what's the cmd to switch to the 1st. switch?

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
If you have a device connected, I would would force the port out of auto-negotiate (default) - "configure port <#> auto off speed 1000 duplex full" - And see if that gets the device up.. Sometimes auto-negotiate doesn't always work with some other vendors.

As to OSPF, in advanced-edge mode - you can see the license level "show license" - you can can get 4 active ospf interfaces, core license take that to 400 (hardware dependent). Look like you only have one enabled thus far so I assume you have advanced-edge and would have three more available.

Sidney_Yoder
New Contributor
I checked the port and it does show down, even though i've enable it, I also tried to turn on the loopback and I still could not ping it.

if you are on the core lic, not the top level license is there a limit to how many vlan's you can have that would route? from what I can tell i've created it the same as CTAP_agents.
GTM-P2G8KFN