cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An asterisk appears at the command prompt after the configuration of the switch been saved

An asterisk appears at the command prompt after the configuration of the switch been saved

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Feb 17 2012 8:02AM

Hi all,

Can any one of you know how to resolve the problem on having an asterisk appears at the command prompt 30mins later after the configuration has been saved. Apparently, the switch model that encountered this problem is Summit x450a-24t running on image version xos 12.5.3.9. Please advice. Thank you.

(from Dennis_Neo)
2 REPLIES 2

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Feb 21 2012 7:35PM

Hi David,

The mentioned problem as regards to an asterisk appears at the command prompt was not related to Ridgeline. Its happened on the Summit X450a-24T. running with image on 12.5.3.9. Till now, I m still facing the same problem. My research in Extreme record was only on BD unit. Thanks for your response.

Asides to others, may i know whether you have face the same problem and maybe can share with me how to overcome it. Thanks in advance.

(from Dennis_Neo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Feb 17 2012 8:23AM

I believe this is an issue with Ridgeline. It was fixed for XOS devices in 3.1 but still seems to cause a problem in Extremeware devices. I have been told that is fixed in SP1 but haven't managed to install that yet to test it. (from David_Rickard)
GTM-P2G8KFN