cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset discovery tool download

asset discovery tool download

Randy_Middleton
New Contributor
Where can I download the Asset Discovery Tool?
Have new PC and need to install on it.
11 REPLIES 11

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Good on you for having some security in the network! 🙂
Unfortunately, it sounds like you've got yourself blocked. It's probably easiest to take a look at the ACL to see what is allowed and run the scan from within that subnet. Otherwise, you'll have lots of switches requiring an ACL update to let yourself in.

I'm trying with the 10.170.70.254/24 (Swicth Core IP Address), and at the switch logs I saw the next "02/10/2015 14:33:20.61 MSM-A: SNMP access from source 10.170.70.125 is denied by rule snmp_access2. Dropping this Request."; that is my IP address, here we have an ACL but it supose that al the block of IP is inside of the rule.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Josimar,
If you try a range of IPs instead of the core IP for seeding, do you get any better results? Can you also let me know the error message you're seeing?
Start small, like a /24 or /25 block of IPs that you know should have some devices.

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
The Asset Discovery Tool (ADT) makes it easy to obtain a list of all Extreme Networks serial numbers in your network. This is very useful for checking on warranty and hardware maintenance status by providing the list to Extreme Networks. Simply run the tool with the proper SNMP credentials on a target range of IP addresses. Details on how to use ADT are in the "Help – Contents" menu within the application, once installed.

Download it here: http://www.extremenetworks.com/ftp/ftp_new.aspx?file=ADTSetup.exe

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
No problem, Randy. Glad to help.
If you encounter any problems with it, or have questions, you can create a new topic here or call in for support and I'll help get you taken care of.

-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN