cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to download Firmware from Downloads page will only allow a file with .txt extension not .xos for 16.2.4.5-patch1-8.

Attempting to download Firmware from Downloads page will only allow a file with .txt extension not .xos for 16.2.4.5-patch1-8.

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
Attempting to download Firmware from Downloads page will only allow a file with .txt extension not .xos for 16.2.4.5-patch1-8, and I cannot figure out why. I am trying to download this to upgrade my BD-X8s as I belive this is the correct and newest stable release for these switches. If someone could please confirm this is the correct firmware I would also be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Kunz
Extreme Employee
Hi, Dean. Per the published EXOS Release Recommendations, the recommended most stable release for BD-X8 is EXOS 16.2.4.5-patch1-6. The latest feature release is EXOS 16.2.4.5-patch1-8.

The Release Notes can help you understand the differences between the two patch releases.

Larry Kunz
Information Development
Extreme Networks

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Ranjith, the options for downloading firmware were described in the other thread that you created. You'll need to renew your support contract or arrange for a one-time paid download via GTAC.

Ranjith
New Contributor II
can you please send to me the EXOS 16.2.4.5-patch1-8. for E670 switch

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Dean,
Can you confirm that this is the file you're attempting to download: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrDownloadDetail?id=a4134000000ZHfrAAG

I just tried it and had no issues. Which browser are you using?
-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN